So, what’s the point ?
Yes, it seems dead. Yes, there is no news. But we are working on (with a friend). I decided to post here where we are, what we are doing and what we should do (and there is a lot of things). If you want to help, even if you havn’t any knowledge in operating systems, feel free to contact us on irc channel.
What have we to do ?
We have three big things to do:
- Compile a recent version of glibc for hurd and recompile all packages in [extra] with that.
- Building a toolchain for cross-compiling Arch Hurd environment, and if possible, with the latest versions
- Install a new (beautiful) wiki and fill it
What are we doing ?
For now, we are working on two things: having a qemu image for packaging environment, and building a toolchain for cross-compiling GNU/Hurd and Mach kernel. With the latest livecd, you should have a bootable image. I used it and I am trying to compile glibc 2.16. If you have any trouble during the installation, please contact me on irc (#archhurd or #archhurdfr on freenode). I am also working with a friend on a toolchain. I am trying to cross-compile the base tools with:
- binutils 2.23.2
- gcc 4.6.4
- glibc tschwinge branche on official hurd git repository
- GNU mach 1.4 master branch on hurd repo
- GNU mig 1.4 same
- GNU hurd 0.5 same
- libptread same
I will push my updated script on my github repository.
Warning: This text is a copy. Original post can be found here